Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas spirit in children:)

So I must say this has been such a fun Holiday season. The kids are fun every year, but Braxton, has to top it all!!!!!I swear since the middle of November he has been on the countdown for Christmas. I know I once heard, " MOm there is 42 days to Christmas" I seriously don't know if I have ever seen someone so excited for Christmas before.

My mom Came out the other day and took turns taking them both shopping. She let them each by one another a gift, gunner a gift and me and Paul a gift. well she took Cambria first, and when they got home they both went upstairs to wrap them. Well this about killed Braxton, he was trying so hard to peek under Cambrias door to see what she got him, it was just killing him. Well the present is quite long, and he is so certain it is a golf club. ( Its a bow and arrow set) So next she took him shopping. They were done quite quickly and came home and wrapped them. Later on this was a little how our conversation went.

B: Mom do you want to open your present?

me: No I want to wait until Christmas

B: well do you want to know what it is ?

Me: No I want it to be a surprise.

B: K well all I am going to tell you is it is a decoration, but I wont tell you anything else???

So Paul got home from work, and Braxton grabbed his present and tried to also give Pauls his that night!!!! And he asks us everyday if we want to open our presents yet.





Yesterday, I recieved a package, I opened it and stashed it away

B: Whats that

Me : One of daddys presents

B: what is it

Me: I Cant tell you cause you will tell daddy

(braxton starts crying and says )

B: I pinky promise I won't tell him

SO I decide to tell him something bogus to test him out

Me: Ok well if you pinky promise, it was a pair of pittsburgh steelers underwear.

Well a couple of hours later Paul go home. Braxton had been trying all day to get the back off of one of his toys. Paul got home and he asked him if he would take it of, and Paul told him not right then. Braxton being the little stink he is went on to say "Daddy I know what mom got you"

Paul: what

Braxton: I can't tell you

Paul; if you tell me i will take the back off of your toy...

Braxton: She got you pittsburgh steelers underwear LOL

Gos to show you never trust a 5 year old. And now Paul thinks he is getting underwear LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's the bigger kid Braxton or Paul for making a deal with Braxton to find out what his present was? Mom:)