Monday, December 8, 2008

Cookies!!!!

Yesterday Paul, Cheech and Casey were watching th Pittsburgh/cowboys game. And if any of you that know Paul well enough, when the steelers are playing you don't want to get in his way. Casey brought Brailee with him and Trevor came over with Cheech. They were running wild in the house and I knew Paul would snap if they kept it up so I decided to make sugar cookies, they all had a blast and it kept them out of the guys way....











The finished product!!!

Later that night, Paul informed me that I am the best cookie maker ever. I always personally have felt that I can't make cookies worth crap so this took me by surprise, I feel I have taught myself to be a pretty good cook, but have always felt I could be better when it came to baking. It is a coincident, that today the topic of the day was your favorite cookie recipe, so I asked Paul what his favorit e one is, he told me it was a toss up between my pumkin chocolate chip ones, and my snickers cookies, both of which are the simplest cookies to make.
The pumkin chocolate chip ones are just a small can of pumkin 1 spice cake mix, and chocolate chips. Mix those 3 ingredients together and bake them on 350* for 13 minutes.
The snicker ones, you just make a basic peanut butter cookie mix, or even use the pre made pillsburry dough, wrap the dough around a snickers and bake!!!!!!




5 comments:

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

I love to make cookies. I am going to have to try the Snickers one. It sounds so good. What a cute idea of posting everyday & having a topic to post on. Where did you find it? You have such cute kids. I wish I was more like you with spending time with my girls. I love when Lyvie & I bake cookies, but I freak out with the mess..

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

Leslie-
I'm incharge of making cookies this friday for my family. And I was wondering if I could get the recipe for you Snickers Cookies? Please?
Email it to me at jayme_richards@hotmail.com

Thanks Leslie!

About Us said...

How fun! You are such a good mom:) I don't mind making cookies, but hate the mess!

Anonymous said...

I hate making fancy decorated cookies, but I love them! So I really appreciate the beauty of yours! Wow!

Audrey

twinsand2boys said...

I have a harder recipe for the pumpkin chocolate chip ones that Ive made since I was little...then a year ago someone told me the same recipe you do and my kids love them...why go through all that work when they like the easy ones LOL.
BTW, I LOVE how you decorated the cookies...What a fun mom you are!