Friday, February 27, 2009

I think I might need some moral support!

*******My house is quite quiet tonight.... Cambria is at her friends house sleeping over, Paul is at work, Gunner is asleep and Braxton is playing the wii........I myself thought I would try to get some things done while the house is quiet....I know your wondering where I am going with this...******Well...... I went down to change laundry and as I was pulling stuff out of the dryer,

*****THIS.....******


Is what fell out.... And I just cried and cried for like 10 minutes.... over a STUPID binky!!!!

I will back up a little...On tuesday Gunner was playing around with his binky, and I took it away teasing him and hid it, well almos the whole day went by and I realized that he had gone the whole day, (nap and all) without it.... so I decided to test him and see how long this really could last that he would not notice or not care, because until now him and that binky have seemed to be quite inseperable.....well now here we are Firday night and he is sound asleep WITHOUT his Binky. ......And only ONCE has he even asked for it!!!!

I know I should be jumping up for joy to have that thing GONE, and should be ecstatic that is was so EASY, but I am not........ I am so sad..... what is wrong with me ?!?!?!?! As I was taking his sleepy little self out of the car tonight, I wanted nothing more than to go grab that darn binky ( I have not thrown them away yet) and put it in his mouth...... and I was strong and resisted the temptation, but oh I wanted to so bad!!!!

It was the last thing that made my Baby a Baby..... He is growing up so fast, and I just am not so sure I am ready for him to!!!! He is turning into a Big boy and I thought I had made it clear with him that he was not supposed to do that to me, So if anyone know any special secret to keeping them little please PlEaSe PLEASE share!!!!!

And PS, I might need someone to sneak in my house and throw them darn binkies away cause I am just no so sure I can do it :)

4 comments:

Pianojo said...

I felt the same way about you growing up. The bad part is that you weren't my baby anymore BUT the best part was that you became my BEST FRIEND! I will throw away those binkies if you need me too, you know I am always here if you need me. I too am sad to see Gunner and all the grandchildren growing up so fast.

Ashley and Devan said...

I'm right there with ya! Hunter is growing up too fast also. When he was done with his pacifier I threw them all away but one.. it holds such a sentimental value for me. Your little Gunner is such a handsome boy!

Trouble said...

they're a lot more fun when they're big and have smart mouths. I promise you.

twinsand2boys said...

Its hard when the baby grows up. Tyler has always tried to keep up with his brothers and it seemed like he didnt stay very little for long. I asked him the other day if he would just stay small and not grow up and he told me no, not unless his brothers did too.